Cooking frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer is a quick and easy way to enjoy a tasty and healthy snack or side dish. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). This will ensure that your fries cook evenly and get that crispy texture that we all love.
- While the air fryer is heating up, take the frozen sweet potato fries out of the package and place them in a single layer on a plate or tray.
- When the air fryer is preheated, carefully add the sweet potato fries to the basket in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd them.
- Close the air fryer and set the timer for 10 minutes. Shake the basket halfway through cooking to ensure even cooking.
- When the timer goes off, check the fries to see if they are cooked to your liking. If they are not crispy enough for your taste, you can cook them for an additional 2-3 minutes. Just be sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Once the fries are cooked to your liking, carefully remove them from the basket with tongs or a slotted spoon and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
- Serve the sweet potato fries while they are still hot and crispy, with your choice of dipping sauce or seasonings. Some tasty options include ketchup, ranch dressing, chili powder, or garlic salt.
And that’s it! You now have perfectly cooked, crispy and delicious frozen sweet potato fries in just a few easy steps. Enjoy!
- If you want to add a little extra flavor to your sweet potato fries, you can toss them in a mixture of melted butter and your choice of seasonings before cooking. Some tasty options include chili powder, garlic salt, or Italian seasoning.
- You can also try cutting your sweet potatoes into wedges instead of fries for a different texture and look. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- If you prefer your fries on the softer side, you can reduce the cooking time by a few minutes. Just be sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t become too mushy.
- If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for a day or two. To reheat, place them in the air fryer for a few minutes until they are hot and crispy again.